Goodness gracious, how have we come to find ourselves in December already?! This year has both crept along and excelled in equal measure throughout the best and worst of times. 2019 proved a real personal challenge, as I faced unforeseen battles, but there were also some really magical moments both home and abroad.
Determined to overcome past demons, I am looking forward to 2020 with my head held high and have already set about making some exciting plans. In the spirit of giving and positive thinking, I’ve rounded up a few of my personal achievements and travel highlights from the last 12 months:
- Hiked across a volcanic crater in Iceland
- Visited the Top of Europe in the scenic Swiss Alps
- Received my Gold DofE Award at Buckingham Palace
- Networked with agents at my first book launch above London’s skyline
- Days of spontaneous exploration with family
- Hid away in a luxurious attic in Bruges, woken only by the bells
- Witnessed Viking craftmanship in Stockholm
- Lounged by the pool for days in the Canaries
- Spoke in front of established guests at St James Palace
- Got papped by Royal Communications
- Crashed a stag do en-route to Belfast
- Began earning an income from my writing
As we prepare to ring in a new decade, my resolutions this New Year are simply to seek adventure, love fully and appreciate the little things. How are you planning to spend New Year’s Eve? Do you plan to make resolutions? I’m going to be taking a bit of a digital detox, in order to spend important time with those nearest and dearest, which means this is likely my final post of not only this year, but this decade and what a journey it has been…!
Here’s to a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year, wherever you are in the world!